Welcome to the latest issue of Research Spotlight.
As Canada’s largest research hospital, UHN is a national and international source for discovery, education and patient care. This newsletter highlights top research advancements across UHN and from over 1000 researchers appointed at our institutes.
Stories in this month’s issue:
● A New Therapeutic Strategy: Molecule found to halt the growth of aggressive cancer stem cells in experimental models.
● Controlling Type 1 Diabetes: A drug used to lower blood sugar may reduce the need for insulin pump users to count carbs.
● Wired Differently: Brain circuitry features may explain why men and women experience chronic pain differently.
● Disrupting the Status Quo: Study reveals the need for medical schools to demonstrate commitment to inclusion from day one.
● 2020 Krembil Annual Report is Here: Read the latest annual report to learn how Krembil is making progress from promise.