Services for External Researchers and Institutions
UHN has a number of research facilities and expert groups that provide services to help external researchers and institutions, from accessing unique equipment to providing support on creating research and administrative processes. Explore the links below to see how the resources and expertise of Canada’s largest research hospital can help advance your research.
- iDAPT ServicesiDAPT Services is a TRI initiative which offers an experienced and cross-functional team that can take ideas and concepts for medical devices and turn them into reality. iDAPT Services provides extensive knowledge and capabilities to private businesses, institutions and individuals who require support to design, protect, develop, prototype and test new technologies. For more information about these services, contact: email@example.com
- MedRISTMedRIST (Medical Research Integrated Solutions and Tools) provides a wide range of support services to academic institutions, research organizations and life science companies. MedRIST is owned by UHN, and was formed by a collaborative effort between departments within UHN's Research Solutions and Services (RSS).
- Quantitative Imaging for Personalized Cancer Medicine
- Techna ProductizationTechna offers a full range of productization services to advance research from discovery to application and commercialization. It leverages the resources at UHN and a team of highly trained professionals including engineers, project managers, operations specialists, physicists, human factors specialists, and developers to help mature, validate, and accelerate the implementation of medical technologies. Click here for a detailed list of Techna's productization services.
Technology Development & Commercialization
- Technology Development & Commercialization (TDC)UHN's Technology Development & Commercialization (TDC) office helps to create new intellectual property and advance it towards licensing, research and development partnerships, sponsored research agreements and new company formation. Visit the TDC website to learn how they facilitate the transformation of research innovations into medical products that improve healthcare.
- UHN ShanghaiUHN Shanghai is a wholly foreign-owned enterprise (WOFE) owned by the University Health Network. It provides high quality, innovative products and chemistry custom services to clients who range from academic institutes to private organizations.