Thirteen world-class UHN scientists have been recognized in Clarivate’s list of Highly Cited Researchers for 2020.
Each year, Clarivate identifies the most influential researchers demonstrated by the publication of multiple highly cited papers that rank in the top one percent by citations for their field and year of publication in the Web of Science.
Congratulations to the following UHN scientists who were included among 6,390 of the most impactful researchers in the world:
• Dr. Andres M. Lozano (Senior Scientist at Krembil and Affiliate Scientist at Techna), an innovator in surgical approaches to treat Parkinson disease, depression and Alzheimer disease
• Dr. Anthony E. Lang (Senior Scientist at Krembil), an influential researcher in the field of movement disorders, most notably Parkinson disease
• Dr. Duminda N. Wijeysundera (Clinician Investigator at Toronto General Hospital Research Institute), a leading anesthesiologist developing methods to prevent post-surgical complications
• Dr. Frances A. Shepherd (Senior Scientist and Clinical Investigator at Princess Margaret Cancer Centre), an instrumental figure in the design and conduct of cancer trials
• Dr. Ming-Sound Tsao (Senior Scientist at Princess Margaret Cancer Centre), a preeminent authority in translational lung cancer research
• Dr. Roger S. McIntyre (Clinician Investigator at Krembil), a leading expert in cognitive impairment associated with mood disorders
• Dr. Sagar V. Parikh (Clinical Investigator at Krembil), an influential researcher investigating interventions for mood disorders at the patient, provider and systems levels
• Dr. Slava Epelman (Scientist at Toronto General Hospital Research Institute), an expert in cardiac tissue injury and regeneration
• Dr. Steven Gallinger (Clinician Scientist at Princess Margaret Cancer Centre), an expert in colorectal and pancreatic cancer genetics
• Dr. Sidney H. Kennedy (Senior Scientist at Krembil), a foremost researcher investigating treatments for major depressive disorder and bipolar disorder
• Dr. Tak W. Mak (Senior Scientist at Princess Margaret Cancer Centre), a pioneer in cancer immunotherapy
• Dr. Theodorus van der Kwast (Clinician Investigator at Princess Margaret Cancer Centre), a leading pathologist uncovering the molecular profile of prostate cancer
• Dr. Trevor Pugh (Senior Scientist at Princess Margaret Cancer Centre), a world-leading cancer genomics researcher and molecular geneticist
This year, Drs. Gallinger, Lozano, Mak, Tsao and van der Kwast were included in the Cross-Field category, demonstrating the interdisciplinary nature of their work and the impact they have made in multiple areas of scientific discovery.
The full list, as well as a detailed explanation of the analysis methodology, is available here.