The vision of UHN Research is to have global impact in biomedical and health care research.
To achieve this goal UHN supports:
- Innovative research programs held to high standards of accountability
- Strong research teams encouraged to pursue scientific excellence and entrepreneurial opportunities
- Dedicated Research Solutions and Services combined with state-of-the-art infrastructure
A recent comprehensive strategic planning exercise, which assessed progress of the research enterprise and envisioned future directions, has yielded an updated version of the strategic plan—called The Roadmap to the Research Hospital of the Future.
This new Roadmap considers the successes and subsequent evolution and growth of the previous strategic platforms to yield six overarching priority research themes that correspond to UHN's priority platforms.
These priority platforms are listed below and represent areas of scientific focus at UHN that have been identified as having the greatest potential impact:
- Regenerative Medicine
- Experimental Therapeutics
- Medical Technology
- Informatics and Patient Information & Assessment
- Health Services Research
- Mechanisms of Disease
To access the strategic plan, click on the following link (PDF): UHN Roadmap to the Research Hospital of the Future