Home page Description:
Learn about the latest news and research advancements from the Krembil Research Institute.
Welcome to the latest issue of The Krembil.
The Krembil is the official newsletter of the Krembil Research Institute (formerly the Toronto Western Research Institute). Research at Krembil is focused on finding innovative treatments and cures for chronic debilitating disorders, including arthritis and diseases of the brain and eyes.
Stories in this month’s issue include:
● PITCH PERFECT COMPETITION: Competition teaches presenters and audience how to craft a great pitch about their research.
● KREMBIL RESEARCH DAY 2019: Keynote speaker reveals how artificial intelligence could improve treatment of mental illness.
● UNCOVERING A HIDDEN RISK: Undiagnosed severe sleep apnea is a major risk factor for postoperative heart complications.
● SEEING IS BELIEVING: Researchers use advanced imaging to see how a subtle gene change can alter drug effectiveness.
● LATE EFFECTS OF EARLY EPILEPSY: New study recommends that children with rare form of epilepsy be monitored for schizophrenia.
● A CLEARER PATH TO DIAGNOSIS: Four proteins may be key to better diagnosis and management of arthritis.