Announced on Jun 5, 2018
Welcome to the latest issue of The Krembil.
The Krembil is the official newsletter of the Krembil Research Institute (formerly the Toronto Western Research Institute). Research at Krembil is focused on finding innovative treatments and cures for chronic debilitating disorders, including arthritis and diseases of the brain and eyes.
Stories in this month’s issue:
● BRIDGING THE GAP: New facility established to help move research discoveries from laboratory to benefit patients.
● ADVOCATING FOR SCIENCE: Krembil’s large presence at the Toronto March for Science shows strong support for research.
● BEING IN THE RIGHT STATE OF MIND: Krembil study helps to explain why mental state influences effect of therapy on brain cells.
● BRINGING OBJECTIVITY INTO SIGHT: New way to objectively measure visual discomfort could unlock new avenues in vision research.
● CONFIRMING TOR-BSST© IS THE BEST: Screening tool is the most sensitive way to detect swallowing problems in stroke patients.
● EYEING BETTER PROTECTION: Scientists discover a signalling pathway that could help prevent eye damage.
Read these stories and more online here. To read previous issues, see the newsletter archive.