Home page Description:
Learn about the latest news and research advancements from the Krembil Research Institute.
Welcome to the latest issue of The Krembil.
The Krembil is the official newsletter of the Krembil Research Institute (formerly the Toronto Western Research Institute). Research at Krembil is focused on finding innovative treatments and cures for chronic debilitating disorders, including arthritis and diseases of the brain and eyes.
Stories in this month’s issue include:
● MENTAL HEALTH MATTERS: Krembil gets people talking and thinking about mental health on Bell Let’s Talk Day.
● UPDATE ON ALZHEIMER DISEASE: Krembil will host a public forum on Alzheimer disease on World Health Day 2020.
● LIVE OR LET DIE: New progress towards solving the puzzle of how a damaged cell decides whether to live or die.
● LESS STIGMA FOR MORE HEALTH: Minimizing harm by identifying and targeting negative beliefs about people who use opioids.
● INTRIGUED BY FATIGUE: New study helps to alleviate worries that tiredness is a warning sign of disease progression.
● KEEPING SCORE: New mathematical model predicts the probability of a drug reaching the brain.