Announced on Jan 29, 2018
Welcome to the latest issue of the The Krembil.
The Krembil is the official newsletter of the Krembil Research Institute (formerly the Toronto Western Research Institute). Research at Krembil is singularly focused on finding innovative treatments and cures for chronic debilitation disorders, including diseases of the brain, spine, bones, joints and eyes.
Stories in this month’s issue:
● KREMBIL IN FOCUS: Letter from Krembil Director highlights key advancements made in 2017.
● POWERING RESEARCH FORWARD: Krembil researchers are working with IBM Watson to accelerate drug discovery for Parkinson disease.
● PINPOINTING THE CAUSE OF STROKE: Mutation of KRAS gene, best known for its role in cancer, increases risk of hemorrhagic stroke.
● CURES FROM THE PAST: Learn how a serendipitous discovery made during World War II is impacting lupus patients today.
● A BIG DEAL FOR ALZHEIMER’S: New therapy is one step closer to reality as Krembil team partners with French company Servier.
● WISDOM OF THE CROWD: Pooling data from 30 resources enables large-scale research on how genes are regulated.