- Monitoring tumour response to radiation therapy in real-time
- Detecting cancers earlier with fluorescence endoscopy
- Detecting bacterial infection in chronic wounds with light
- Optical molecular imaging applied to stem cell and regenerative medicine
- Optical molecular imaging applied to neuroscience and neutological disease
- New technologies for image-guided and minimally-invasive surgery
- New advances in 3D fluorescence image-guided cancer surgery
Ralph S. DaCosta
Mol Imaging Biol. 2016 Jun 8;
Mol Imaging. 2015 Sep 1;14:452-74
Optically-tracked handheld fluorescence imaging platform for monitoring skin response in the management of soft tissue sarcoma.
J Biomed Opt. 2015 Jul 1;20(7):76011
Handheld fluorescence imaging device detects subclinical wound infection in an asymptomatic patient with chronic diabetic foot ulcer: a case report.
Int Wound J. 2015 Apr 22;
Point-of-Care Autofluorescence Imaging for Real-Time Sampling and Treatment Guidance of Bioburden in Chronic Wounds: First-in-Human Results.
PLoS One. 2015;10(3):e0116623
Dual In Vivo Photoacoustic and Fluorescence Imaging of HER2 Expression in Breast Tumors for Diagnosis, Margin Assessment, and Surgical Guidance.
Mol Imaging. 2014 Nov 1;13(0):1-9
Autofluorescence imaging device for real-time detection and tracking of pathogenic bacteria in a mouse skin wound model: preclinical feasibility studies.
J Biomed Opt. 2014 Aug;19(8):085002
Multifunctional albumin-MnO₂ nanoparticles modulate solid tumor microenvironment by attenuating hypoxia, acidosis, vascular endothelial growth factor and enhance radiation response.
ACS Nano. 2014 Apr 22;8(4):3202-12
Tumor vascularization is critical for oncolytic vaccinia virus treatment of peritoneal carcinomatosis.
Int J Cancer. 2014 Feb 1;134(3):717-30
Texture analysis of optical coherence tomography speckle for characterizing biological tissues in vivo.
Opt Lett. 2013 Apr 15;38(8):1280-2
Scientist, Princess Margaret Cancer Centre
Cancer Care Ontario Research Chair in Cancer Imaging
UHN Biophotonics Program
Member, Radiation Medicine Program
Member, Spatio-Temporal Targeted and Amplification of Radiation Response (STTARR) Innovation Center