Announced on Mar 15, 2019
UHN is pleased to announce the publication of its Strategic Research Plan 2019–2023.
The plan defines UHN's research mission—Together we drive excellence in discovery and innovation to create A Healthier World—and articulates the institution's research values and its goals for impact and excellence across all of its institutes and programs.
It was developed over the past year by a Core Working Group and a Steering Committee, and with input from close to 300 individuals across and external to UHN, including patient partners. The Strategic Research Plan presents five priorities:
- Engage every patient to strengthen our learning health system
- Empower research teams and collaboration
- Accelerate translation of discovery to practice
- Unleash the power of technology and innovation
- Grow research through financially sustainable structures
All UHN staff are welcome to attend a town hall to introduce the plan:
- WHEN: Monday March 25, 2:30pm
- WHERE: Michener Auditorium
- LIVESTREAM: Please click here
- JOIN THE DISCUSSION: Go to sli.do and enter the event code #UHNSRP. You can also pre-ask questions and vote for existing questions here.
Over the coming year, specific new initiatives will be launched within each of the above priorities and action plans will be developed to operationalize them. In alignment with the priorities and initiatives of the UHN Strategic Plan 2019–23, these initiatives will help TeamUHN to achieve its shared vision of A Healthier World. The research community is excited to embark on this journey, and there’s no telling what TeamUHN can achieve together.