Announced on Apr 8, 2019
Welcome to the latest issue of The Krembil.
The Krembil is the official newsletter of the Krembil Research Institute (formerly the Toronto Western Research Institute). Research at Krembil is focused on finding innovative treatments and cures for chronic debilitating disorders, including arthritis and diseases of the brain and eyes.
Stories in this month’s issue include:
● NEW TALENT JOINS MEDIA TEAM: Twayne Pereira will use his artistic skills and scientific knowledge to promote research.
● SOLVING THE PUZZLE: New tool could provide insights to make cell therapy an effective treatment for vision loss.
● A PAIN IN THE KNEE: Severity of osteoarthritis symptoms linked to predominant type of immune cells in joints.
● CAUSE FOR CONCERN: Higher opioid use found in younger and depressed patients awaiting surgery for osteoarthritis.
● COMPARING MEMORY LANES: UHN researchers help to clarify how temporal lobe epilepsy accelerates forgetting.
Read these stories and more online here. To read previous issues, see the newsletter archive.