The Real-time PCR facility is a fee-for-service facility that is located at Toronto General Hospital Research Institute (TGHRI). The facility is led by Dr. Myron Cybulsky (host laboratory).
- Applied Biosystems 7900HT Real-Time PCR System, 96-well plate compatibility
- Roche LightCycler 480, 96- and 384-well plate compatibility
- Nanodrop spectrophotometer
- Reagents and labware are not supplied; samples must be prepared in the user’s laboratory before using the equipment
- Analysis software available to all users to install on their personal computers
- Accessible to UHN users and outside users
- No selection process
- Booking is required
Basic one-on-one training provided for first-time users (use of equipment and software).
- Fee for ABI 7900HT: $26 per run, 2.5 hours OR if more than 2.5 hours are needed, a fee of $13 per hour applies
- Fee for Roche LC480: $25 per run, 2 hours OR if more than 2 hours are needed, a fee of $12.50 per hour applied
- Please contact Sharon Hyduk for account setup and access to the booking calendar.
Dr. Sharon Hyduk
416-340-4800 (ext 3785)
Toronto General Hospital
Max Bell Research Centre
2st Floor, Rm 2R402-R9
200 Elizabeth Street
Toronto, Ontario, M5G 2C4