The Centre For Cell and Vector Production (CCVP) is a world-class Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) facility built in partnership with the Centre for Commercialization of Regenerative Medicine (CCRM) to enable cell and gene therapy manufacturing for Phase I and II clinical trials.
This world-class 20,000 square-foot GMP facility includes 10 suites (two suites dedicated to viral vectors) and ISO Class 7/Grade B clean rooms. Three of these suites are pre-assigned to University Health Network investigators and other academic clients.
CCVP facilities meet current local, national and international regulatory GMP requirements, including those set by U.S. Food and Drug Administration, Health Canada and the European Medicines Agency. CCVP facilities also conform to European guidelines set for advanced therapy medicinal products.
CCVP Clean Room Utilization
- UHN has established a standard price schedule for academic clients. Rates vary depending upon the specific needs of each academic scientific study.
Additional Services Provided By CCRM
As the operator of CCVP, CCRM offers clients the following services:
- Manufacturing Services: cell manufacturing, viral vector manufacturing, cell banking and cryopreservation.
- Manufacturing Support: on-site QC testing capabilities, on-site QA/audit support, expert regulatory guidance and cryogenic distribution using validated logistics.
For information about fees, please contact us.
The CCVP is operated by CCRM and is located at MaRS in downtown Toronto, adjacent to some of Canada’s leading hospitals and research institutes.
- The facility is available for use by industry and academic clients.
- UHN manages and refers suitable local, national and international academic research work to CCRM, the facility operator.
For more information, please see the CCVP Fact Sheet (PDF).
Jose J. Mangles, MAPA, MANM, LLM
University Health Network