- MD, University of Toronto, 1989
- Residency in Radiology, University of Toronto, 1990-1994
- Fellowship in Vascular and Interventional Radiology, Boston University Medical Center and Boston City Hospital, 1994-1995
- Certificate of Added Qualifications (CAQ) in Vascular/Interventional Radiology, American Board of Radiology, 1996
John R Kachura
- Radiofrequency ablation of liver, kidney, lung, and bone tumors
- Embolotherapy, including bland hepatic artery embolization and chemoembolization
- Interventional radiology in obstetrics, including interventional management of invasive placenta
Liver Transplantation is Equally Effective as a Salvage Therapy for Patients with Hepatocellular Carcinoma Recurrence Following Radiofrequency Ablation or Liver Resection with Curative Intent.
Ann Surg Oncol. 2018 Jan 11;:
Radiofrequency Ablation of T1a Renal Cell Carcinomas within Renal Transplant Allografts: Oncologic Outcomes and Graft Viability.
J Vasc Interv Radiol. 2017 Sep 13;:
Thermal Ablation versus Surgical Resection for the Treatment of Stage T1 Hepatocellular Carcinoma in the Surveillance, Epidemiology, and End Results Database Population.
J Vasc Interv Radiol. 2017 Jan 07;:
J Obstet Gynaecol Can. 2016 Nov;38(11):1015-1023
Comparison of Clinical Outcomes following Glue versus Polyvinyl Alcohol Portal Vein Embolization for Hypertrophy of the Future Liver Remnant prior to Right Hepatectomy.
J Vasc Interv Radiol. 2016 Jul 16;
Clin Genitourin Cancer. 2015 Dec 17;
Randomized Trial Comparing Radiologic Pigtail Gastrostomy and Peroral Image-Guided Gastrostomy: Intra- and Postprocedural Pain, Radiation Exposure, Complications, and Quality of Life.
J Vasc Interv Radiol. 2015 Aug 24;
Eur Urol. 2015 Apr 18;
Conservative Management of Invasive Placenta Using Combined Prophylactic Internal Iliac Artery Balloon Occlusion and Immediate Postoperative Uterine Artery Embolization.
Can Assoc Radiol J. 2015 Mar 19;
Efficacy of Ovarian Artery Embolization for Uterine Fibroids: Clinical and Magnetic Resonance Imaging Evaluations.
Can Assoc Radiol J. 2015 Jan 14;
Cancer Clinical Research Unit (CCRU), Princess Margaret Cancer Centre
Associate Professor, Department of Medical Imaging, Faculty of Medicine, University of Toronto