- MD, University of Toronto, 1989
- Residency in Radiology, University of Toronto, 1990-1994
- Fellowship in Vascular and Interventional Radiology, Boston University Medical Center and Boston City Hospital, 1994-1995
- Certificate of Added Qualifications (CAQ) in Vascular/Interventional Radiology, American Board of Radiology, 1996
John R Kachura
- Radiofrequency ablation of liver, kidney, lung, and bone tumors
- Embolotherapy, including bland hepatic artery embolization and chemoembolization
- Interventional radiology in obstetrics, including interventional management of invasive placenta
J Vasc Interv Radiol. 2018 Feb 23;:
Retrospective Single-Arm Cohort Study of Patients with Hepatocellular Adenomas Treated with Percutaneous Thermal Ablation.
Cardiovasc Intervent Radiol. 2018 Feb 07;:
Thirty-day complication rate of percutaneous gastrojejunostomy and gastrostomy tube insertion using a single-puncture, dual-anchor technique.
Clin Imaging. 2018 Jan 10;50:104-108
Liver Transplantation is Equally Effective as a Salvage Therapy for Patients with Hepatocellular Carcinoma Recurrence Following Radiofrequency Ablation or Liver Resection with Curative Intent.
Ann Surg Oncol. 2018 Jan 11;:
Radiofrequency Ablation of T1a Renal Cell Carcinomas within Renal Transplant Allografts: Oncologic Outcomes and Graft Viability.
J Vasc Interv Radiol. 2017 Sep 13;:
Thermal Ablation versus Surgical Resection for the Treatment of Stage T1 Hepatocellular Carcinoma in the Surveillance, Epidemiology, and End Results Database Population.
J Vasc Interv Radiol. 2017 Jan 07;:
J Obstet Gynaecol Can. 2016 Nov;38(11):1015-1023
Comparison of Clinical Outcomes following Glue versus Polyvinyl Alcohol Portal Vein Embolization for Hypertrophy of the Future Liver Remnant prior to Right Hepatectomy.
J Vasc Interv Radiol. 2016 Jul 16;
Clin Genitourin Cancer. 2015 Dec 17;
Cancer Clinical Research Unit (CCRU), Princess Margaret Cancer Centre
Associate Professor, Department of Medical Imaging, Faculty of Medicine, University of Toronto