- MD, University of Toronto, 1989
- Residency in Radiology, University of Toronto, 1990-1994
- Fellowship in Vascular and Interventional Radiology, Boston University Medical Center and Boston City Hospital, 1994-1995
- Certificate of Added Qualifications (CAQ) in Vascular/Interventional Radiology, American Board of Radiology, 1996
John R Kachura
- Radiofrequency ablation of liver, kidney, lung, and bone tumors
- Embolotherapy, including bland hepatic artery embolization and chemoembolization
- Interventional radiology in obstetrics, including interventional management of invasive placenta
Thermal Ablation versus Surgical Resection for the Treatment of Stage T1 Hepatocellular Carcinoma in the Surveillance, Epidemiology, and End Results Database Population.
J Vasc Interv Radiol. 2017 Jan 07;:
J Obstet Gynaecol Can. 2016 Nov;38(11):1015-1023
Comparison of Clinical Outcomes following Glue versus Polyvinyl Alcohol Portal Vein Embolization for Hypertrophy of the Future Liver Remnant prior to Right Hepatectomy.
J Vasc Interv Radiol. 2016 Jul 16;
Clin Genitourin Cancer. 2015 Dec 17;
Randomized Trial Comparing Radiologic Pigtail Gastrostomy and Peroral Image-Guided Gastrostomy: Intra- and Postprocedural Pain, Radiation Exposure, Complications, and Quality of Life.
J Vasc Interv Radiol. 2015 Aug 24;
Eur Urol. 2015 Apr 18;
Conservative Management of Invasive Placenta Using Combined Prophylactic Internal Iliac Artery Balloon Occlusion and Immediate Postoperative Uterine Artery Embolization.
Can Assoc Radiol J. 2015 Mar 19;
Efficacy of Ovarian Artery Embolization for Uterine Fibroids: Clinical and Magnetic Resonance Imaging Evaluations.
Can Assoc Radiol J. 2015 Jan 14;
Laparoscopic myomectomy versus uterine artery embolization: long-term impact on markers of ovarian reserve.
J Obstet Gynaecol Can. 2014 Mar;36(3):240-7
Growth kinetics of small renal masses: A prospective analysis from the Renal Cell Carcinoma Consortium of Canada.
Can Urol Assoc J. 2014 Jan-Feb;8(1-2):24-7
Cancer Clinical Research Unit (CCRU), Princess Margaret Cancer Centre
Associate Professor, Department of Medical Imaging, Faculty of Medicine, University of Toronto