Donna E Stewart, FRCPC, MD
Division of Support, Systems & Outcomes - Communities of Health
Toronto General Research Institute (TGRI)
Keywords: population health, health policy, knowledge translation, women's health, psychosomatic medicine, international health, service accountability |
Our program is interested in factors related to the content and context of women's health and disease, locally, nationally an internationally. We employ both quantitative and qualitative methods to undertake research projects related to clinical care, population health, multicultural health, knowledge translation, health policy and health services accountability.
Ongoing projects include depression, international health, multicultural health, osteoporosis, menopause and postmenopause, perinatal health, information and decisional preferences in women with chronic diseases, cancer screening, survivorship, HPV vaccine, attitudes to genetic testing, smoking prevention, service accountability, physician stress and behaviour, cardiovascular disease, stroke, and aging in women.
We are interested in psychosocial effects of illness and coping strategies and how these affect outcomes in chronic diseases including cancer, cardiovascular disease, and organ failure.
Policy, Education and Career Development
We are interested in public and professional education, health service accountability, policy development in women's health, and gender aspects of career development.
- Progam Director, Women's Health
- University Professor, University of Toronto
- Chair, Women's Health, University Health Network and University of Toronto
- Member, Graduate Faculty and IMS, University of Toronto
- President, International Association for Women's Mental Health
- Member, CIHR Institutional Advisory Board for Gender, Sex and Health
- Advisor, World Health Organization, Women's Health
- Representative, UN EcoSoc and Commission on the Status of Women
- Enza Gucciardi, PhD
- Paula Barata, PhD
- Moira K Kapral, MD, MSc
- Natalia Diaz-Granados, MSc
- Iram Ashraf, BSc
- Angela M-W Cheung, MD, PhD
- Sherry L Grace, PhD
- Patricia Foxen, PhD
- Linda Dorado, BSc
- Susan Holtzman, PhD
- Rima Azar, PhD
Toronto General Hospital
Eaton North Wing
7th Floor Rm 7EN-229
200 Elizabeth St.
Canada M5G 2C4