The Princess Margaret Cancer Centre (PM)—part of the University Health Network (UHN) in Toronto, Canada—is seeking candidates for a Tier 1 Canada Research Chair (CRC) in Cancer Biology. Applicants must hold an appointment at PM at the level of Senior Scientist. The position is tenable for seven years and renewable, provided that the incumbent satisfies annual performance reviews according to institutional practices.
PM is Canada’s largest comprehensive cancer centre and one of the leading cancer research institutes in the world. With tightly integrated research and clinical arms, PM houses world class scientists and state-of-the-art research facilities towards advancing its flagship precision cancer medicine program. UHN is a fully affiliated research hospital of the University of Toronto.
PM is seeking candidates who have an outstanding research track record in cancer biology. Candidates should be internationally recognized experts in the role of tumour biology and oncogenic factors in shaping tumour progression.
In addition, candidates must meet the following minimal requirements:
- Ph.D. and/or M.D. degree(s) (or equivalent)
- Global reputation as a leading expert in cancer research, including evidence of international collaborations with other leading experts as appropriate
- Proven track record of research excellence, and scholarship, including but not limited to high-impact publications, peer-reviewed research funding, leadership and coaching of highly qualified personnel, professional service and knowledge translation activities
- General knowledge in precision cancer medicine, cancer genomics, cancer immunology and imaging.
Further information regarding nomination and eligibility criteria may be found on the Canada Research Chairs website. For questions about the CRC nomination process at UHN, contact email@example.com.
Applicants are invited to submit the following:
- a complete academic curriculum vitae (CV)
- a two-page research proposal highlighting the major themes of research to be completed over the next seven years
- a one-page description of how the applicant will help attract additional resources, including financial, non-financial, training and/or collaboration opportunities
To apply, please visit the UHN Careers website and apply through Posting #826966.
As part of your application, you will be asked to complete a brief Diversity Survey. This survey is voluntary. Any information directly related to you is kept strictly confidential and cannot be accessed by any member of the search committee. Results will be aggregated for institutional planning and reporting purposes only.
UHN recognizes that scholars have varying career paths and that career interruptions due to personal circumstances can be part of an excellent academic record. Search committee members have been instructed to give careful consideration to, and be sensitive to the impact of, career interruptions in their assessments.
Friday, July 13, 2018