Dr. Syed is an orthopaedic surgeon at TWH and his primary research focus is in the field of hip and knee replacements. A few highlights of his current research endeavours are:
- A multicenter clinical trial that involves testing the advantage of a metal on metal cup system vs metal on polyethylene liner system on patients receiving a primary cementless total hip replacement;
- Evaluating the effect of bench model training of cognitive learning in the operating room;
- Determining patients' perception of resident involvement in their care and its correlation to the level of satisfaction they experience at the hospital;
- Determining the effect of music on post surgery pain management; and
- Determining patient education level and utilization of resources prior to hip and knee consultation.